Facing the Future Together: Succession planning for families of a loved-one with a disability
Coming Fall 2017 - email email@example.com to be notified.About the workshop
We would like to invite you to join us on Saturday, May 6th, for a day of learning and sharing. This invaluable workshop focuses on the transition of passing the roll of supporting, advocating and caring for your relative with a disability from the parents’ generation to the next. After attending this workshop, both the current and future caregiving generations will be better prepared for their future role and parents or current primary caregivers will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan.
This full-day workshop is designed to inform and assist all members of the family and their successors to:
- Address concerns about the future and build a succession plan
- Hear how other families are creating peace of mind
- Consider how to share roles and responsibilities
- Identify key resources
- Balance wishes and obligations
- Identify short and long term actions
At the end of the workshop:
- Siblings and successors will be encouraged to develop a network of support with each other
- Parents will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan
- The next generation will be better prepared for their future role
- Your loved one with a disability will experience safety and security
- You will walk away with a work plan specific to your family
It is our hope that families will come together - both the current and future caregiving generations - to ensure a cohesive succession plan is built, inclusive of everyone. Families who don't necessarily have a successor in mind are welcome to invite someone to support them as they go through the planning process.
Families and support networks who have a loved one with a disability
$95 per primary family member, $45 for each additional family member.
*Included in workshop price: lunch, all handouts, planning resources and two publications
Instructions for purchasing two seats:
- Click on the dropdown menu and select "Primary Family Member" $95 seat, and add it to your cart
- Scroll down to "continue shopping" and click on that
- Click on Facing the Future Together again on the online store
- Click on the dropdown menu and select "Additional Family Member" $45 seat, write in the quantity you'd like and add it to your cart
- Then click checkout once you've got the right amount of seats
- Then you'll be guided through the rest of the payment process!
- Within 1-2 business days of registration, you will receive a confirmation email requesting the names of all those you have registered
If you are having trouble registering online, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-439-9566 to register over the phone.