Facing the Future Together: Succession Planning for Families
May 6, 2017About the workshop
Facing the future with promise and confidence takes planning and requires all those who care for and support your relative with a disability to work together.
This full-day workshop is designed to inform and assist all members of the family and their successors to:
- Address concerns about the future and secure a succession plan
- Hear how other families are creating peace of mind
- Consider how to share roles and responsibilities
- Identify key resources
- Balance wishes and obligations
- Identify short and long term actions
At the end of the workshop:
- Siblings and successors will be encouraged to develop a network of support with each other
- Parents will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan
- The next generation will be better prepared for their future role
- Your loved one with a disability will experience safety and security
- You will walk away with a work plan specific to your family
It is our hope that families will come together - both the current and future caregiving generations - to ensure a cohesive succession plan is built, inclusive of everyone. Families who don't necessarily have a successor in mind are welcome to invite someone to support them as they go through the planning process.
Families and support networks who have a loved one with a disability
Unitarian Church, in the Fireside Room, at 949 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver BC
$95 per primary family member, $45 for each additional family member.
*Included in workshop price: lunch, all handouts, planning resources and two publications
Instructions for purchasing two seats:
- Click on the dropdown menu and select "Primary Family Member" $95 seat, and add it to your cart
- Scroll down to "continue shopping" and click on that
- Click on Facing the Future Together again on the online store
- Click on the dropdown menu and select "Additional Family Member" $45 seat, write in the quantity you'd like and add it to your cart
- Then click checkout once you've got the right amount of seats
- Then you'll be guided through the rest of the payment process!
- Within 1-2 business days of registration, you will receive a confirmation email requesting the names of all those you have registered
If you are having trouble registering online, please feel free to email email@example.com or call 604-439-9566 to register over the phone.