Facing the Future Together
Starting the Conversation Between Current and Future Caregiving Generations.
Spring 2018 - Email email@example.com to be notified.About the workshop
Over time, parents and caregivers may need to step away from the role of supporting, advocating, and caring for their loved-one with a disability and allow other trusted relatives and friends to step in. Identifying people in the person’s life, such as family members, close friends, and network members, to play important and specific roles, will create peace of mind for the future and allow their loved-ones to feel safe and secure.
After attending this workshop, both the current and future caregiving generations will be better prepared for their future roles and parents or current primary caregivers will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan. We would encourage all family members or close important people to attend.
This full-day workshop is designed to inform and assist all members of the family and their successors to:
- Address concerns about the future and build a succession plan
- Hear how other families are creating peace of mind
- Consider how to share roles and responsibilities
- Identify key resources
- Balance wishes and obligations
- Identify short and long term actions
At the end of the workshop:
- Siblings and successors will be encouraged to develop a network of support with each other
- Parents will have clarity on the next steps in implementing their succession plan
- The next generation will be better prepared for their future role
- Your loved one with a disability will experience safety and security
- You will walk away with a work plan specific to your family
It is our hope that families will come together - both the current and future caregiving generations - to ensure a cohesive succession plan is built, inclusive of everyone. Families who don't necessarily have a successor in mind are welcome to invite someone to support them as they go through the planning process.
Families and support networks who have a loved one with a disability.
Plan Institute Office - 260-3665 Kingsway @ Boundary, Vancouver BC
$95 per primary family member, $45 for each additional family member.
*Included in workshop price: lunch, all handouts, planning resources and two publications.
If you are having trouble registering online, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-439-9566 to register over the phone.