2017 Advocacy Series with Al Etmanski
3-part series, dates:
- March 15, 2017
- March 29, 2017
- April 11, 2017
Fee: $95/family (maximum of 2 people)
Do you have a burning advocacy need that you are currently trying to work through? Join us for a 3-part series of Relationship Based Advocacy sessions with Al Etmanski.
Al Etmanski will host a 3-part series of advocacy sessions to help families work through their current advocacy challenges.
After decades of successful advocacy work, Al has developed an approach he calls Relationship Based Advocacy. It has two objectives:
- Pursuing solutions, while
- Strengthening relationships with those who work inside systems
These sessions will be practical, hands on and focused on an immediate challenge you are dealing with. If you are interested in participating in this suite of sessions, we ask that you:
- Commit to attend all 3 sessions: March 15th, March 29th, and April 11th from 7:00-9:00pm at the Plan Institute office in Vancouver.
- Send us a brief (50 words or less) description of your current advocacy challenge. This will help Al with his preparations.
- Consider bringing a partner – a friend, family member, community connector – someone who will support you through this process. Advocacy can be a lonely job when done on your own.
Space is very limited in order to keep the group small and allow ample time for addressing specific advocacy challenges.
PLAN members are eligible for bursaries to help cover the cost of participating in workshops and courses offered by Plan Institute. If you're interested in a bursary for this learning opportunity, please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions, please contact Catherine at email@example.com